Friday, August 22, 2008

Buttered Rolls



I LOVE my mom's rolls. They are my favorite ever. You do need to have a food scale to make these. Here ya go...

20 Ounces Warm Water
1 Ounce Yeast
44 Ounces Bread Flour
1 Ounce Salt
4 Ounces Sugar
2 Ounces Non Fat Milk Powder
2 Ounces Shortening
2 Ounces Butter
4 Ounces Eggs

1. Combine water and Yeast and mix.
2. Add remaining ingredients leaving flour to the end. Mix until all ingredients are dissolved and add the flour.
3. Knead until well mixed into ball mixture.
4. Let rise until double in bulk (about and hour) and then make into rolls.
5. Let the rolls rise approx 1 hour.
6. Cook at 375 for 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Butter the top of the rolls when they come out of the oven.

***My mom taught me a trick, when you use kosher salt instead of regular salt it gives it more of a kick. Whenever I make bread I use kosher salt now, it works a lot better!

1 comment:

Candace said...

Funny you should have this one as your first recipe...this is sad and I have no idea why, but I've always had the worst luck with rolls! Either they look funny or they don't rise...I don't know what the deal is. I have my mom's recipes for rolls, but I don't remember how she did it. I'm going to try this recipe out. Any other tips?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online