Monday, May 18, 2009

Calzones

My friend Chelsea gave me this recipe and it sure is a keeper!


(I lost the picture I took on my camera of our calzones, so I just found a random picture of calzones on the internet. They dont look as good as the ones I made, thats for sure!)

1 pkg active dry yeast (1 package=2 1/4 tsp)
1 Cup warm water
1 Tablespoon oil
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon sugar
2 1/2 Cups flour

1. Mix Yeast with water. Let it sit for a few minutes. Add the Sugar, Salt, and Oil. Slowly add the flour a little bit at a time. Knead well.
2. Spray a bowl with cooking spray and stick the dough inside the bowl and then turn the dough over. Cover with a towel and let it rise for an hour.
3. Take half the dough and roll it on a flat surface. Fill it with toppings of your choice on half of the rolled out dough. Flip the other side of your dough over the toppings and seal the edges by a fork.
4. Repeat step 3 with your other portion of dough.
5. Brush the tops of your calzones with butter. Cut a few slices into the top of your calzone to help your toppings heat in the oven.
6. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until dough is cooked and the tops are golden.

You can fill your calzones with whatever you want. I like to put Pizza sauce, Pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, Sausage, and Mozerella cheese. You could make BBQ chicken ones, or whatever kind you want. The possibilities are endless!

YIELDS: 2 calzones

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online